Women Supporting Women
As we know, March is international Women’s month! Who runs the world?! But really, where would we be without women? Non-existent, literally. But on the other hand, there is at least one woman who has helped mold and shaped you to be the person that you are today. That woman might have been your mom, maybe a teacher, a friend, an aunt, grandma, a boss, or even a celebrity that you looked up to.
Looking back at my life, I could easily name 15 women who have had a direct impact on my life. What really gets me thinking, is who are the women who have impacted all of the women in my life. The initial thought gets you into a tangled web of amazing women that lift each other up and empower one another. There is something so beautiful about that!
In honor of International Women’s month, we have put together a list of some of our favorite blogs, Ted Talks and even playlists that lift up and support the women in our life!
- Filtr’s Women in Music Playlist on Apple Music
- I know the second biggest argument (behind who you are voting for) is Apple Music or Spotify – haha! Our team is split down the middle so I promise I’ll share a Spotify playlist with you too. This playlist has a little bit of everything, classic rock, country, pop to blues! It’s a fun playlist that is perfect for a midweek pick-me-up or a Saturday afternoon driving around with the windows down!
- Ina’s Cooking Playlist: Women who Rock
- Okay, we all love Ina Garten. She’s a boss in the kitchen, but apparently she’s a boss at making playlists too! This is a Spotify playlist (you’re welcome!) featuring some of Ina’s favorite women artists, Dione Warwick, Annie Lennox, Taylor Swift, Stevie Nicks, Shania Twain… like does it get any more well rounded than that? Turn this playlist on and blast it when you’re in the kitchen whipping up a fun meal, or while you’re waiting on DoorDash to deliver dinner – hahaha!
- For Women in Support of Motherhood and a Career
- My absolute favorite quote from this TED Talk is “I know I’m still pretty early in my career, but I have never once thought that I couldn’t have it all. I have my mother to thank for that” We are so lucky to live during this time, where women can work, they can be moms, they can decide to do both or decide to do neither. While the decision is never an easy one, this TED talk is extremely supportive and is uplifting for working moms who feel ‘mom shamed’ because they have decided to goto work.
- Our Reading list: Contemporary books for Women by Women
- In true modern fashion, these books redefine femininity while also restructuring our ideas of female beauty and women in the workforce. Examining the modern woman and the ways our culture has grown since the first and second waves of feminism helps us envision where we’ll be in the future. Check out some current writers who are shaping the future for women!
- Empowering Our Girls for Tomorrow
- Empowering women shouldn’t start the moment they’re conscious of the differences surrounding them. Teaching them of their power and ability should start at a young age. Whether it’s your daughter, sister, student, niece, or goddaughter, help them realize all they’re capable of so they grow them into smart and courageous women. There are a few ways you can build up the women of tomorrow – check them out by reading this blog post written by Kasey Wheeler!
Take one of these links and share it with a special woman in your life. No explanation needed, other than “I thought you would like this.” It will go a long way and they will appreciate that you are thinking of them!
You don’t even have to mention that we gave you the links 🙂 Happy Women’s Month, Coworkers!