Treat Yourself: Self-care Tips for The Busy Entrepreneur
This month we’re talking all about appreciation. We’ll be covering everything from how to appreciate your employees, customers, and coworkers! Sometimes, before showing appreciation to others, you just need to take a second for yourself! As busy entrepreneurs life can get hectic, schedules can get tight, and before you know it you’ve forgotten to take a moment for yourself. Here are a few ways that you can take care of yourself this week:
- Unplug from technology: Technology is crucial for almost every aspect of our life, but too much of a good thing isn’t always a good thing. After a while, technology can get draining and exhausting. Taking time away from technology gives you an opportunity to relax, re-center and to enjoy the moment. Try implementing a no technology rule before going to bed, not only will this help you unplug from technology, but it will also help you relax and fall asleep faster, giving you the rest that you deserve!
- Get around people: We simply need people. Get around people who are familiar with your work and with those who are not, they will both offer a fresh and new perspective on your business and on life. Getting around the right people is fun, refreshing and the perfect way to treat yourself!
- Go outside: Fresh air and sunlight are known to help recenter and refocus. Not only is being out in nature relaxing, but vitamin D from sunlight is known to boost creativity, energy and reduce stress. Try taking a mid-day walk or working outside in order to reap the benefits of being in the good old outdoors!
- Go on a getaway: You may need a change of scenery and a getaway to really relax and decompress. Maybe going to that tropical Island you’ve always wanted to go to isn’t practical right now, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a getaway. Try a day trip, or go on a staycation! Your mind and body will thank you!
- Take a long shower (or bath): Sometimes all you need is a long hot shower, so this week take a longer than usual shower and embrace the warm water! Water actually has therapeutic benefits and is known to reduce stress and boost mental clarity. You’re guaranteed to feel refreshed, recharged and ready to take on the world after you pamper yourself with a long hot shower!
- Have self-reflection time: Maybe self-reflection means journaling, writing down goals, getting creative, or just sitting and reflecting on your day or week, whatever self-reflection means to you be sure and take time to do it. The benefits of self-reflection include motivation, relaxation, a vision for the future and creativity. This week be sure to take some time to self-reflect, your future self will thank you!
Making time for yourself is the best investment you can make. So, let’s make self-care a priority this week, because as the old saying goes, “you can’t pour from an empty cup, take care of yourself first”.
We hope these self-care tips have inspired you to set aside that much needed “me time” and to treat yourself! You deserve it!