Are you living to work or working to live? Sometimes balancing work and all the other aspects of life seems impossible. Life can get so busy that it’s easy to focus only on work and then be so exhausted that your weekends turn into a time to catch up on sleep and relax- which is totally okay and needed, but why not use the weekends to do things that actually excite you!? That’s why work-life balance is so important because before you know it you’ve poured all your energy into work, leaving you with little time to actually enjoy yourself and to spend time with your loved ones.
Here are some easy ways to incorporate more work-life balance into your life so that you can start enjoying yourself and living life to the fullest.
- Leave Work at Work: This sounds easier said than done but it is so crucial to a healthy work-life balance. Leave your laptop at work, log out of your email on your phone, and realize that all of your work tasks can wait until the morning. Your emails are not more important than your mental state of mind and well-being. Burnout is real, but you can prevent it by making an effort to turn off work when you leave.
- Decompress: Make sure to schedule in that much-needed decompression time, it is crucial for your mental and physical health. Maybe for you decompression means watching your favorite show on Netflix, taking a bubble bath, getting lost in a book, or enjoying a nice workout. Whatever relaxes you and helps you de-stress make sure you incorporate it into your day or week. You’ll be sure to thank yourself.
- Redefine Your Priorities: Everyone’s priorities are different, but work shouldn’t be your very first priority in life if you want a healthy work-life balance. Defining your priorities is an easy way to make sure you are putting what is most important in your life first- things. Work is definitely an important aspect of life but things like your family, God, your spouse, and your health are definitely more important in the long run.
- Delegate Your Life: You can’t do everything, so learn the art of delegation in order to put your mind and stress at ease and to simply make life easier. At work, if you can, delegate tasks out to other people or other days and at home delegate chores and tasks to members of your family. Delegation is the key to balance because by trying to do it all you will wear yourself out.
- Learn To Let Go: If something doesn’t get done as soon as you want it to get done its okay. Learn to move on, let go, and give yourself some slack- stressing over the tasks at home and work aren’t worth it. We’re all human and sometimes things just don’t go according to plan. Listen to your mind and body and let go of a task for the moment if you can, learning the art of letting go will help you find your perfect work-life balance and will help you take control of your life.
Everyone’s work-life balance looks different, so use these tips to help find a work-life balance that works for you and your family. Here’s to a more balanced, fulfilled, less stressed, and happy life!