Written by Charity Estes
Well, digital learning is coming to an end – can I get a HALLELUJAH? However, that means filling your days with other activities to keep from hearing the famous words…”I’m bored” for the entire summer. Of course you can’t have something planned for every moment of every day, but we are here to help with a few ideas!
While we have beautiful weather, take advantage of it! You can have hours of entertainment with a few of these activities. Being outside is good for the soul, skin, energy and also the best way to keep the inside of the house clean (AMEN)!
- – Everyday Fun
- > Sidewalk chalk
- > Biking
- > Slip ‘n slide
- > Blow up pools
- > For younger children – Water beads
- > Swings
- > Bubbles
- – Special nights (Social Distancing Approved)
- – Planned Day Trip
- – Drive Thru Zoo – Helpful activity while maintaining social distance!
- – Drive to a local beach/lake for the day!
I don’t know about you but baking with my kids provides hours of entertainment–and a reward at the end! Here are a few fun ideas to try with your kids, and you never know, you might find your new favorite!
- – Apple Cresents
- – Pepperoni Pizza Cresents – the kids will love to make these!
- – Yogurt Covered Berries on a Stick – healthy and delicious, win win!
- – Muddy Buddies – fun to say, even better to eat!
- – Soft Pretzels – because you’re not always a quick distance from a mall!
Of course we have extreme temperatures and rainy days to prepare for too! So here are a few fun activities to keep them entertained while inside!
- – Board Games – You can never go wrong with board games! They are a great way to bring the family together and you can even find a few that are educational.
- – Make homemade cloud dough – this only needs two ingredients that you most likely already have at home, sounds like a win to me.
- – Make bouncy balls – I can’t wait to try this with my kids this summer! My son is obsessed with bouncy balls!
- – Build a fort and have a movie day – isn’t this what we all want to do on the rainy days?
- – Paint the windows – when the sun is out, they will love to see the reflection.
Having extra time with our kids is so precious, but also challenging! Try out a few of these options to provide entertainment for the whole family and make some wonderful memories for both them, and you!