Coworking is quickly becoming the new normal and is expected to continue growing at rapid rates. It is projected that in a 5-10 years traditional offices spaces will begin to die down and the majority of the workforce will work out of some sort of variation of a coworking space.
Here are some statistics that prove that coworking is not only here to stay, but that it’s a rapidly growing industry
- There are currently 14,411 coworking spaces in the world today
- The number of coworking members will rise to 3.8 million by 2020 and 5.1 million by 2022
- Shared workspaces have grown at a rate of 200% over the past five years
- The number of coworking members will rise to 3.8 million by 2020
- 50% of coworkers report higher incomes
- 60% of coworkers report a healthier work-life balance
- By 2020 50% of large companies will have some form of shared office space
- 84% of people who use coworking spaces are more engaged and motivated
- 89% of coworkers reported feeling happier and healthier
Do you relate to any of these statistics? Are you excited for the future of coworking? Let us know!