Summer is right around the corner, which means if you’re like a lot of businesses, you are probably approaching a slow season. Even though slow seasons get a bad wrap, sometimes they’re just what you and your business need. Slow seasons give you an opportunity to focus on things like your business model, expense reports, customer acquisition, marketing and your website. They also allow you to focus on what’s really important- your family, your health, and your happiness. Here’s how to make the most of your slow season.
- Focus on your customers: During your downtime think of creative ways to show your customers appreciation, after all, they are the reason you’re in business. Try brainstorming what you would like if the tables were turned and you were a customer, client, or member of your firm. Get creative and think outside of the box, maybe you can host a lunch for your customers, have a special promotion for customers, or send out hand-written thank you notes, because who doesn’t feel appreciated when they receive a handwritten letter in the mail!?
- Think of ways to acquire new customers: Think about new ways that can you market your business in order to gain new customers. Maybe you can sponsor an event for a local charity, partner with an existing organization, or look for events and festivals to be a part of.
- Take advantage of social media: Slower seasons are the perfect time to create and implement social media campaigns for your business. Try taking a few weeks to come up with a social media plan for the rest of the year. When planning think about months, seasons, holidays, themes, and promotions that you want to advertise on your social media platforms. If you aren’t currently utilizing social media for your business now is the perfect time to get started!
- Upgrade your website: When is the last time that you upgraded your company’s website? If it’s been a while it’s probably time to make some small (or large) tweaks to your website. Make sure that you have clearly defined your company’s purpose, past and current projects, and that your web design and graphics are up to date.
- Relax and enjoy yourself: Finally, make the most of the slow season by taking time for relaxation, self-care, to spend time with your family, or go on vacation. Giving your brain and body a break from the grind may be just what you need in this slow season!
Let’s learn to enjoy the slow seasons together. After all, there is a time and a season for everything!