Effective time management is important for anyone but is absolutely crucial for entrepreneurs.
Because entrepreneurs are ultimately responsible for every aspect of their business, allocating the right amount of time to the right tasks is critical to keeping your business running smoothly.
Better time management isn’t just about working harder, it’s about working smarter. Shopify asked 34 productivity experts to share their best time management tip. Use this list of techniques to experiment and find the strategies that make the most sense for you.
1. Take Advantage of Just-in-Time Learning
2. Prioritize and Delegate
3. Just Start
4. Re-frame Your Thinking
5. Use a Note Card System
6. Create a Priority Management System
7. Hire a Virtual Assistant
8. Pace Yourself
9. Reduce Your Cognitive Load
10. Take Time to Pause and Think
11. Build Unstructured Time Into Your Schedule
12. Divorce Your Computer
13. Do the Most Important Things in the Morning
14. If It Ain’t Broke Don’t Try to Fix It
15. Prioritize Tasks Using the ABCDE Method
16. Schedule Everything!
17. Use Your Calendar Religiously
18. Don’t Hyperschedule Yourself
19. Do the Simplest Task First
20. Look for Ways to Automate
21. Eliminate Your Least Productive Activities
22. Start Your Day Earlier Than Everyone Else
23. Perform a Time Audit
24. Use the Pomodoro Technique
25. Isolate Your Three Most Important Tasks
26. Time Management is All About Mind Management
27. Freely Allocate the Time You Need to Do a Task
28. Have a Productivity Routine You Follow Religiously
29. Find Out, Decide, or Do
30. Stop Thinking About It as “Time Management”
31. Do the Hardest Thing First
32. Use Eisenhower’s Urgency-Importance Matrix
33. Follow a System
34. Make Better Initial Decisions
These fantastic tips will help keep you on track and more importantly, keep you focused and feeling accomplished! You can read the full article here.