Do you feel like you are in over your head? Do you have a million tabs on your computer open. Do you feel like no matter how much you run around you can’t seem to get enough done? Maybe you should step out of your comfort zone and see how successful you can be! Read the quick list below or check out the full article for all of the details.
- Get up early.– It gives you an opportunity to collect your thoughts and mentally prepare yourself for the day ahead, rather than just dashing from one activity to another.
- Accomplish an “impossible” goal.– Few things compare to the exhilaration of accomplishing something that you didn’t think you were capable of.
- Meditate.- It increases brain density in areas responsible for self-control, focus, problem-solving, flexibility and resilience.
- Focus on one thing at a time.– Research conducted at Stanford confirms that multitasking is less productive than doing a single thing at a time.
- Volunteer-Have you ever met anyone who made volunteering a priority and wasn’t changed for the better by the experience? Neither have I.
- Practice public speaking – becoming a better public speaker can be a huge boon to your career.
- Talk to someone you don’t know-Social interaction is good for your mood (even when you don’t like it)
- Bite your tongue. – This can help avoid conflict in the future.
- Say no.– The more difficult it is for you to say no, the more stressed you are.
- Quit putting things off.
Staying in your comfort zone means stagnation. Just as an oyster only makes a pearl when it’s irritated by a grain of sand, no one has ever accomplished anything remarkable when comfortable.